2021BPR: Week 1: 21 – 25 February 2022 and Week 2: 18 – 22 March 2022
This skills programme is aimed at the public relations practitioner at a junior level; including the administrative staff PA’s, secretaries with public relations as part of their KPI in their job. Once the learner has completed this programme he/she should be able to assist in the implementation of basic public relations, communication, special events and media activities.
The outcomes covered are:
• The scope and practice of public relations
• Communication within different contexts
• The components in the communication process
• Public relations and communication
• Systems theory
• The ethics and professional responsibility approach of the public relations practitioner
• Mass Media
• Media list
• Media releases
• Debate and lobbying
• Presentation skills
• How to give a presentation/speech
• Visual aids
• Profile of a good speaker
Assessments: Learners will have to prove their competence in applying the knowledge, skills and behaviour learnt during class exercises and group work. Each learner must submit a portfolio of evidence (PoE) within specific time frames.
Grade 12 (matric) or age exemption and a fair command of English within a public relations environment.
Cost: R15 990.00 (Incl. VAT)
For more information contact: Claudia Brittoe
Tel. +27 (0) 11 326 1262