The PRISM Young Judges (PYJ) committee, in conjunction with the PRISM Awards and the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA), has announced a stellar group of 10 young judges for the 2019 mentorship initiative.
This follows a call for entries made in 2018 and a subsequent intense selection process conducted by 2018 young judges and PYJ Founder Palesa Madumo.
“It’s always a tough task selecting individuals for the PRISM Young Judges initiative, because there is so much talent out there. The top ten stood out as the most talented, authentic and insightful young minds that are set to bring a fresh perspective to the judging process this year” she said.
The diverse group of ten will have the unique experience of judging PRISM Awards entries under the guidance of seasoned industry experts and will also be paired with industry leads for a year-long mentorship. They are:
- Dorcas Dube, Marketing and Communications Manager at Partners for Possibility
- Fezeka Hadebe, 3rd year Public Relations Student at University of Johannesburg
- Courtney Jacobs, Publicist at Courtney Chandré Communications
- Tina Lepan, PR Executive at Verve Marketing and Communication
- Makoma Maponya, Stakeholder Liaison at Reputation Matters
- Monare Matema, Associate Architect at DNA Brand Architects
- Siyabonga Ngcobo, Marketing Manager at Uber South Africa
- Carel Scheepers, Senior Strategist at Havas Media
- Ayanda Siswana, Account Manager at Flow Communications
- Sicelo Vilakazi, Digital Strategist at Meropa Communications
Deputy Chairperson of the PYJ Committee and judge of PRISM Awards Campaign of The Year last year, Simone Carter, says they’re excited to welcome the incoming young judges.
“This initiative has been career changing for many of us, and I truly believe that the collaboration of both experienced and younger professionals and enthusiasts in the awards process and the industry, will ensure its sustainability and assure much needed skills development and mentorship for young people” she said.
The 22nd annual PRISM Awards are scheduled to take place on Sunday, 14 April 2019 in Johannesburg. The event will acknowledge professionals who’ve implemented successful communication campaigns utilising strategy, creativity and professionalism.
Keep in touch with the #PRISMYoungJudges on the following platforms:
- Twitter – @PRISMYoungJudge
- Facebook – PRISM Young Judges
- Instagram – @PRISMYoungJudges