What is JumpStart?
As a chapter of PRISA, JumpStart has been created to offer the youth of the Public Relations Industry in South Africa a voice. JumpStart aims to extend its reach to other regions including SADC countries where PRISA has members and established committees.
As part of PRISA, JumpStart’s focus is to address the most pressing questions and concerns around the Public Relations Industry of South Africa. As a differentiator to its parent organisation, which focuses on creating a networking environment, JumpStart is committed to providing its members with an educational environment to help them improve in their field and build on their expertise.
JumpStart plays a growing role in connecting the youth of the industry to PRISA.
Key focus areas that JumpStart is committed to are:-
- Highlight the relevance of the professional industry body, PRISA to young professionals in the industry
- Encourage membership of PRISA so as to grow the professionalisation of the industry
- Create Jumpstart as a recruitment hub for future PRISA volunteers, spokespeople and thought leaders
- Create Jumpstart as an open platform to start co-creation and collaboration in the industry
- Create a space where young professionals who are eager to learn the best ways their generation could take control, influence their workplace culture and start performing at the highest levels
- Generate content that is relevant, fresh and youthful to keep PRISA’s legacy, up to date and relevant for young practitioners.
JumpStart by its nature requires young and enthusiastic committee members, each serving their role to maintain JumpStart’s growth and relevance in the industry. Currently there are several young professionals eager to get going:
- KwaZulu Natal – Mnqobi Gregory kaMthethwa Nhleko – Ikhono Communication
- KwaZulu Natal – Wendy Sithole – Wendy Works Media & Public Relations
Continuing Professional Development
In addition to monthly breakfast sessions designed to educate its members, JumpStart encourages its members to attend relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshops to not only earn CPD points, but cultivate a culture of lifelong learning to grow and advance in the industry.
For more information contact PRISA on:
Tel. +27 (11) 326 1262