Professional Event Management
April 14 @ 9:00 am - April 16 @ 4:00 pmR6050.00
Creating a memorable event, takes a great deal of planning and skill, as well as co-ordination, teamwork and imaginative thinking.
This 3-day workshop with practical sessions focuses on a range of event management aspects including strategic alignment with business objectives, operational planning and implementation, event risk management, as well as event evaluation and measurement.
High level practical exercises will be conducted looking into event scoping, brief & debriefing, conceptualization and presentation, design, broad event structure and layout and budget (financial management.)
The aim is to equip delegates with the skills to plan, implement and manage events from both a strategic and a tactical perspective. After this training questions will be answered on how to align events to the organisation’s vision and business objectives and how to ensure a return on investment. Realistic illustrations will be shared.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wishes to plan and implement professional and effective events
The programme covers event management from planning to implementation inclusive of risk management.
Outcomes of the workshop:
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Align events to the organisation’s objectives
- Conceptualize and present the idea
- Design events
- Structure and layout an event
- Integrate your events in your communication strategies
- Develop risk management plans
- Manage and quality assure your project
- Identify and manage your event logistics
- Protocol and etiquette
- Manage the event budget
- Plan the communication and marketing campaign for the event
- Assess and evaluate the event
Benefits for the practising professional:
- Better understanding of public relations and communication management applications in the workplace
- More efficiency in handling event management issues for the organisation
- Knowledge to handle important, but seemingly routine communication tasks
- Be better prepared to deal with issues and crises
- Capable of measuring and evaluating an event’s success
Benefits for employers:
- As a result of having employees participate in the CPD programmes, employers can expect:
- A substantial reduction in expected training time, hence the cost per employee for training is reduced
- More highly motivated and self-confident employees
- Increased productivity and effectiveness
- Fewer problems and enhanced employee loyalty
- Increased skill and confidence of the employee along with enhanced skills, thus improving competitiveness
Return on investment as far as events are concerned. Online reputation management and proactively mitigating reputational risks, social media backlashes and other potential online crises.
About our facilitator
Victor Sibeko is a Chartered Public Relations Practitioner (CPRP), Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (FPRISA), recently bestowed honor of Ambassador-at-Large and Member of the Institute of Directors (M.Ins.D.) As a past president of PRISA, he served for several years on the PRISA board. Prior to his presidency he served in various committees including the PRISA Council responsible for the profession’s Code of Ethics and Professional Standards.
Sibeko is a freelance consultant, public relations and communication management professional and a sought after speaker on various public relations subject matter.
He has spoken at various conferences including Mauritius, Nigeria Abuja and Lagos. Sibeko is enthusiastic about Integrated Public Relations and Strategic Management.
In 2006 and 2008 he was a judge of the PRISA PRISM Awards, PRISA’s prestigious awards for excellence in public relations and communication management projects.
He is currently active facilitator and lecturer for PRISA in various Public Relations programmes. In 2009 and 2010 he served in the 2010 National Communication Partnership representing the public relations professional in the run up to the 2010
FIFA World Cup.
CPD Programme Fees 2021
|Early bird PRISA member||R 6 050.00|
|Late PRISA member||R 6 530.00|
|Early bird non-member||R 6 910.00|
|Late non-member||R 7 210.00|
|PRISA registered students||R 4 100.00|
Accommodation NOT included in any of the fees Fees subject to change
Student and member fee rate/s only applicable if PRISA membership fees are paid in full at time of booking. The PRISA CPD programme adheres to the criteria required by SAQA for a recognised professional body. The programme is put together following the Global Alliance best practice professional development framework.
To book contact: Annah Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 326 1262
WE ALSO OFFER COST EFFECTIVE IN-HOUSE TRAINING