With over 200 entries received for the 2012 PRISM Awards - a 30% increase - and more than 800 hours of judging this year, competition for the coveted PRISM Awards is fierce! So make sure your entry stands out by following this simple Checklist of tips and suggestions.
- Give yourself enough time to draft the entry and edit it – several times!
- Your 100 word Opening Statement must be clear, concise and a strong ‘sales pitch’! This is your one chance to grab the judges’ attention and ‘Wow’ them! Your Opening Statement should include four elements: the opportunity, the approach, the outcomes and the business results.
- Include quantifiable, measurable objectives of the campaign in your entry. For judges, this is a key element in the assessment of entries.
- Highlight the key insights generated from research and indicate clearly how those insights informed the strategy adopted, and how this achieved measurable change.
- Include strong supporting documentation to validate your claims. Letters of endorsement from clients, media clippings and reports are useful items to include.
- Add research and statistics where relevant to support your entry.
- Your entry must be visually appealing. Use images, videos, sound bites, graphs, graphics etc. and have it professionally laid out.
- Proof-read your entry – more than once! And give it to someone else to check too. Make any formatting, grammar and spelling corrections needed.
- Do a spell-check. Then check it again…
- Check that you have followed PRISM guidelines.
- Attend the “Prepping for the PRISMs” half-day session which offers valuable insights and tips. Sessions will take place in Johannesburg and Cape Town in November.
About the PRISM Awards
Now in its 16th year, the PRISM Awards are presented to public relations and communication professionals who have successfully incorporated strategy, creativity and professionalism into public relations and communication programmes and strategies that showcase a successful public relations campaign.
Anyone can enter – business enterprises, associations, private institutions and government bodies are all eligible.
The deadline for entries is 25 January 2013. For more information on entering the Awards, contact Susan Richardson from PRISA on tel 011 326-1262 or e-mail
. Website: www.prisa.co.za