PRISA’s annual conference features the latest trends in public relations and communication management, both globally and locally. Our keynote speaker, Dr Essop Pahad, former minister in the Presidency, will address the power of public relations during the ANC’s 100 year history (brand loyalty and being in sync).
Other presenters include:
- International experts, Jeremy Galbraith and Roger Hayes will share their knowledge and expertise. Jeremy, CEO Burson-Marsteller Europe, Middle East and Africa will be partnered with Robyn de Villiers founder of Arcay Burson-Marsteller South Africa, in presenting the latest trends in public relations and communication.
Roger, senior counselor Apco Worldwide, London, will discuss “collaboration between business, government and civil society – linking reputation, responsibility and relationships with different stakeholders”. This is most relevant in the South African context at present.
- Panel discussions on integrated communication and the role of the media feature experts in these fields. Confirmed panelists for the integrated communication panel are Sarel du Plessis, CEO of the Marketing Association of South Africa, Alastair Tempest, COO of the Direct Marketing Association, Andy Rice, advertising strategist and Ad Feature co-host on Radio 702 and Nevasha Naidoo, director and owner of Platinum Public Relations. Lianne Williams, head of corporate communication at eBucks will represent the client point of view in this relationship. News on the media panel will feature in our next communication.
- Strategic sessions on internal communication by Tanya Auby APR, general manager: communication at Absa and leveraging green credentials in brand building and reputation enhancement by Angela Barter CPRP, managing director, @ Communications PR, are confirmed.
- Lesley Schroeder-McLean of PR Africa will present the workshop on measurement and evaluation. She recently completed her masters degree in this subject.
- The future of the profession – credibility, regulation and ethics will be discussed by the PRISA president, Prof Ronel Rensburg.
- On a personal level, Kate Moodley, author of 'I Inc. - Be the CEO of your Brand' will end the conference, giving you tips on how to enhance your personal brand and reputation.
Additional attractions – the PRISA national AGM will be held at the end of day one, followed by a cocktail function featuring the PRISA President’s Award, the O’Brien Leadership Award and the PRISA Gold Medal Award for Outstanding Public Relations for South Africa.